You are not authorized to perform this operation

Hi, Just getting started with SST. I am trying to deploy a nearly empty stack as just beginning to define the infrastructure for a new project.

When I run npx sst start, I get a ‘You are not authorized to perform this operation.’ error. Unfortunately, this error does not tell me what authorization I am missing. I would hope to see a specific IAM Permission that my account is lacking, so that I know how to fix the problem.

Is there a guide somewhere that helps with getting permissions set up to use SST? Or some way to make it tell me what permission I am missing?

The account I am using to deploy this has sufficient permissions to do it under CDK, and I am just moving this simple CDK stack over to use SST.

===============
 Deploying app
===============

Preparing your SST app
Transpiling source
Deploying stacks
[Error at /dev-eco-server-eco-server] You are not authorized to perform this operation.

Error: Found errors
    at StackCollection.processMetadataMessages (/home/rupert/sc/github/eco-pro/eco-server/infrastructure/node_modules/@serverless-stack/core/node_modules/sst-cdk/lib/api/cxapp/cloud-assembly.ts:201:13)
    at CdkToolkit.validateStacks (/home/rupert/sc/github/eco-pro/eco-server/infrastructure/node_modules/@serverless-stack/core/node_modules/sst-cdk/lib/cdk-toolkit.ts:536:12)
    at CdkToolkit.selectStacksForDiff (/home/rupert/sc/github/eco-pro/eco-server/infrastructure/node_modules/@serverless-stack/core/node_modules/sst-cdk/lib/cdk-toolkit.ts:506:16)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)

I was able to start the stack for a new project created with:

npx create-serverless-stack@latest my-sst-app

So I guess the lack of permission must be something that I am creating in my stack, rather than deployment permissions in general.

Would be nice to get some more detail on this error though - the stack did succesfully deploy in CloudFormation without error.

That’s a bit strange. Let me know if you run into this again.