Problem while creating user pool

In the guide here, as they suggest, we need to set Username attributes to email, but when I do it, I am not able to create my User Pool. Then, I keep getting this error.

1 validation error detected: Value '' at 'schema' failed to satisfy constraint: Member must have length greater than or equal to 1 (Service: AWSCognitoIdentityProviderService; Status Code: 400; Error Code: InvalidParameterException; Request ID: 2d84e736-e114-41b4-b730-7e35f5783832)

If I leave it everything as a default, it creates the User pool

In order to fix the problem, We must set something to Required attributes. In this case, I set it as email, and now it works.

Thanks for letting us know. Was it in this screen that you changed the required attribute?

https://d33wubrfki0l68.cloudfront.net/b29f8be3f349426a19c455479d41696af788666e/08089/assets/cognito-user-pool/select-email-address-as-username.png

Yes, It was in this screen. We have two option for this situation in order to fix it.

First option: We can choose the Username option, and leave it as a default. However, it did not let me to create test user because it throws error about email configuration in the console while I was trying to set it.

Second option: When we choose Email address or phone number option as the guide suggests, we must also choose email as a required attribute at the bottom of the page.

I added screenshot the way I configure

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll update the guide with this.

Edit: It’s weird I just tried going through the steps and I’m not seeing the error. I wonder if it was an AWS bug and they fixed it. I’ll add a note in any case.

1 Like

Today, earlier in the morning, I checked it again. I think it was sum-sort of a bug. They fixed it.

Yeah definitely seemed like a bug.