Getting Production Ready

Link to chapter - https://serverless-stack.com/chapters/getting-production-ready.html

would it be a good idea for sanity to have an ā€˜aboutā€™ menu somewhere that displays build stage name/version of a) the front end b) each service that the frontend is hitting - at least for non production environments anyway.

@jayair

Hmm Iā€™m not sure if I get what you mean.

what I mean is an ā€˜Aboutā€™ menu on the toolbar. When its open for example it shows env info e.g

client: dev latest
notes-service: dev latest
other-service: dev latest
graphql-service: dev latest

Hmm do you mean in the demo app?

Hi guys, this is going to sound a little odd, but Iā€™d no idea that you could configure the AWS environment with code? I was fully prepared to start going through process of creating each environment each table manually. In hindsight, it was naive of me to think that this was the case but maybe mentioning at the the start of the manual configuration stage. It may already be there and I missed it but if it isnā€™t mentioning that later it will all be configurable by code at a later date might spur the reader on.

Thanks,
Mark.

1 Like

Oh thats a good point!

Can I bother you to point out in which of early chapters should we have mentioned this?

Honestly, more than likely this is mentioned at the start somewhere. Iā€™m coming back to the tutorial over a period of a few weeks so unfortunately I forget some of the earlier tutorials. Perhaps a link in the top right that would link to the infrastructure as code equivalent for each section as you complete it would keep it fresh in the mind that automation lies at the end?

Got it. Yeah we are planning to doing a little restructuring soon. So weā€™ll keep this in mind.

In this chapter we are moving files to a newly created ā€œservicesā€ directory. One of the files being moved is the package.json file. However, in https://serverless-stack.com/chapters/deploying-through-seed.html, it is stating to run ā€œnpm version patchā€ command from the root. This command fails because there is no longer a package.json file in the root.

Should we have a package.json in the root and/or our services folder?

1 Like

Good catch! This shouldnā€™t be run at the root. Weā€™ll change the chapter.