Create a Cognito Test User

Hi, I’ve just tried from another machine and I get the same error.

Hi, this was my fault. I think I checked by mistake the “generate client secret” option when creating the user pool. I’ve created a new user pool without it and it works perfectly. Thanks!!

1 Like

Oh good. Glad you figure it out. Thanks for reporting back.

Oh that does sound like it is using the wrong user.

I am facing this same error while running on the below:

aws --version
aws-cli/1.7.44 Python/2.7.10 Darwin/18.2.0

Whats the error you are seeing?

Whenever I try to verify the user in the cognito user pool I receive this error,
An error occurred (InvalidSignatureException) when calling the AdminConfirmSignUp operation: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and signing method. Consult the service documentation for details.

Hmmm this can happen sometimes if your system clock is wrong. It’s basically a security related error on your client.

If you are copying and pasting form the PDF just watch out for the quotes in the commands. For some reason the PDF turns them into other characters.

Can we do this as part of the cloud formation?

Creating a test user you mean?

I keep receiving “user cannot be confirm. Current status is FORCE_CHANGE_PASSWORD” I see that it is set to that in the Cognito user list but how do I change this?

Do you get this for any new user you create? Or just that one user you are testing with?

I have the same problem here

I use 2 hyphens instead of one but still get the error
Also when I use “where aws” in cli I don’t get any result back, but “aws --version” do works.

Can anyone who is farmiliar with Windows give a hand?

Sadly I’m not too familiar with Windows :pensive:

Hello there!

I’ve tried this first:

aws cognito-idp sign-up \
> --region eu-central-1 \
> --client-id eu-central-1_SomeThing\
> --username myEmail@yandex.com \
> --password myPASS

And I got this:

An error occurred (InvalidParameterException) when calling the SignUp operation: 1 validation error detected: Value at 'clientId' failed to satisfy constraint: Member must satisfy regular expression pattern: [\w+]+

After that, I’ve found this answer on StackOverflow. Tried like this:

aws cognito-idp sign-up \
> --region eu-central-1 \
> --client-id eu-central-1:AAAA1234-AA12-A123-1234-AAAAAA123456 \
> --username myEmail@yandex.com \
> --password myPASS

And I got this:

An error occurred (InvalidParameterException) when calling the SignUp operation: 1 validation error detected: Value at 'clientId' failed to satisfy constraint: Member must satisfy regular expression pattern: [\w+]+

What could be an issue here? Of course, I’m using Ubuntu 18.04

Cheers! :beers:

For all crazy as I am, the --client-id that should be used is the Client ID recevied from previous step.
** Create App Client

Select App clients from the left panel.

:beers::beers:

Yeah glad you figured it out!

I am getting following error while creating the test user:

An error occurred (NotAuthorizedException) when calling the SignUp operation: Unable to verify secret hash for client MY_CLIENT_ID

Can someone please help me?

Can you make sure you are setting the config properly in this chapter?